September 15, 2020
Do you love that fresh scent and tart flavor of lemon?!? Well here at PEAR, one of us does, and one of us dosen’t! Hahaha she’s not weird, she just dosent like lemon.
These chewy lemon cookie have just the right punch of lemon to satisfy that sweet tart craving.
2.5 cups flour
1 cup butter
1.5 cup sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 large egg
Zest of 2 lemons
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 cup icing sugar
4 tbsp lemon juice
1. In a large bowl beat butter, sugar and zest together. Can use mixer or by hand.
2. Add egg and lemon juice. Mix until smooth.
3. Gently stir in flour, baking soda, and salt.
4. Place bowl in fridge for 30-60 minutes. This creates that chewy texture while baking.
5. Pre-heat oven to 350 degree C.
6. Roll batter into small 2 inch balls. Get a spare bowl of sugar and roll ball in sugar. Place on lined baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
7. While cookies are baking, make the lemon glaze. Mix icing sugar and 4tbsp of lemon juice together and whisk.
8. Let cookies cool and spread glaze on cool cookies. Enjoy!
9. Any remaining batter can be frozen for later baking.
Hit us up and let us know if you love the cookies!
I'm busy working on my blog posts. Watch this space!
September 2020 (1)
November 2019 (1)
September 2019 (1)
April 2019 (1)
March 2019 (1)
February 2019 (3)
January 2019 (4)
December 2018 (3)
Performance, Endurance, Athletes and Recovery